What it is: Purium`s Organic Barley Green JuiceTM is grown in pristine fields and watered with mineral springs to ensure it has nature`s maximum nutritional input. It contains highly assimiliable chlorophyll, which is important for total nutrition and also acts as a natural detoxifier.
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- May support natural detoxification
- May support healthy blood sugar levels when taken between meals
- Barley has been served as a food staple throughout history and amazingly is one of the only resources on Earth that can provide the human body with the nutrients it needs from birth through old age. Research done by Agronomists shows the use of barley dates back as early as 8000 B.C. and has been used by the ancient Greeks, Romans, Chinese, and Egyptians.
- Roman gladiators consumed barley as a source of energy and strength while the enslaved Egyptians consumed barley bread as their sole sustenance. Barley was also used as a food staple in late 16-century Europe and was frequently mentioned in the bible as being used by the Hebrews and Egyptians.
- In modern times, it was discovered by the Chinese that animals being raised for their organs and medicinal properties produced superior results when they were fed barley leaves versus when they are fed dry feed.
- In the 1980`s, Dr. Yasuo Hotta, a research professor at the University of California San Diego discovered a special fraction in green barley juice which produces an incredible stimulation in restoring cellular DNA. Dr. Hotta discovered that these phytochemicals found in green barley contribute significantly to the reparation of DNA. In his research, Dr. Hotta stresses that the substance stimulating the DNA repair has been found only in significant amounts in green barley leaves. Green barley juice has since been consumed for its many benefits to human health.
- Another Japanese Pharmacologist, Dr. Hagiwara, conducted a series of case studies that indicated that green barley juice increased strength and motor activities in mice, had anti-ulcer activity, contained anti-inflammatory proteins, and lowers cholesterol.
- In the 1990`s, the Diabetes Resource Center found that a dried juice from organic green barley leaves was a beneficial food for those with type II diabetes.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.